Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Flashback: Samantha Brown Passport to EUROPE!

Remember Samantha Brown? I mean the good ‘ol Samantha Brown from Passport to Europe? What happened to her? Sure she is still around the Travel Channel with her Passport to great weekends, but is it me or is it just not the same? Maybe I favor Passport to Europe because of my love for Europe, and would rather watch 30min on any European country over a random US city worthy of only a weekend stop.

In the clip I've chosen below Samantha visits Rome, Italy and gives us a tour of her hotel. In this episode I was surprised the show decided to feature such a contemporary hotel. Personally, I’d much rather choose a classic, three star boutique hotel like the one we stayed in during our first visit to Rome.

Sure, Samantha’s room was HUGE compared to what we stayed in, and she even makes note that the ability to move around the room without bumping into furniture was a definite plus compared to most of Europe. But don't forget square footage = big $$$!

Final thought…you’re not in Rome to hang out in the hotel. As long as you have a clean bed to sleep in and a shower with hot water, you’re set.


Enjoy a little blast from the past with a short clip from Samantha Brown: Passport to Rome


No comments:

Post a Comment