Saturday, September 4, 2010

ME Restaurant - Barcelona

While I’ve had very little time to experience Barcelona as a tourist, just living and experiencing the day to day as a native (living out of a hotel) has been quite an experience. When I have some more time to write toward the back end of the trip I will definitely go into detail on the cultural differences between the US and Spain, France, etc. For now, I’d like to stick to the topic of food!

It’s been work, eat, drink, sleep, repeat for one full week. Every lunch and dinner has been fantastic; I’ve had not one complaint. And the dinner we had last night was no exception!

We walked to a place called ME just about 4 blocks from our hotel. Some of my co-workers had dined here on previous business trips and they had been raving about this chocolate desert for days, so we had to go try and get a table. After about 10 minutes of negotiating with the owner, they finally let us in even without a reservation. The food, atmosphere, and service was top notch and the owner actually sat down with us when we ordered to answer any questions we had about the food, and then again at the end of the evening. He was super personable, even to the table of 6 who showed up without a reservation, so I’m sure the service is spectacular on any day.

I couldn’t decide if I should go for the octopus starter or entrée, so I ordered both. And I wasn’t disappointed! We each had a desert; I had goat cheese cheesecake and stole a bit of someone else’s chocolate desert which more than half the table ordered. We also wiped out the restaurant of Albarino wine…we drank 6 bottles!








This honestly was one of the best restaurant’s I’ve ever been to, and the prices weren’t unreasonable. If you ever get the chance to visit Barcelona, this is an absolute MUST!

For information on ME Restaurant, I found this utube video including a tour of the restaurant and interview with the owners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqIxvptawMo

I also found this New York Times Review:
Away from the crowds in the popular L’Eixample area you’ll find this cutting-edge and affordable restaurant, a seven-month-old hybrid of New Orleans, Vietnamese and Catalan cooking created by Thang Pham.

ME Restuarant
Carrer de Paris, 162, Barcelona, 8036
93/4194-933
www.catarsiscuisine.com


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment