Thursday, August 20, 2009

When in Rome...

Rome was my first European city experience, and to date it remains my favorite. I could blog about Rome everyday for the next year and not run out of things to say. Just thought I'd share with you some of my favorite pictures and favorite memories....enjoy.

First stop in Rome...Colosseum!! Such a great experience and amazing to be there in person. This picture is framed and hanging in my dining room.



It took about 2 hrs and a scary walk through the wrong neighborhood to get to see this view of Rome. Totally worth it!


So we're walking through a narrow street, turn a corner and see the Pantheon!! Only my favorite architectural structure in Rome!


Don't you wish your city streets looked like this?

This is what St. Peter's Basilica looks like at 7am. No lines was worth waking up that early. Not to mention being one of a handful of people in the entire square.

I think I'll make it a point to return at least once every 5 years. Who's with me? Next trip in 2011!!

1 comment: